Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ode to Marky Mark

From Marky with Love
Since I first got my ipod nearly 4 years ago (that's right...jumped right from walkman OVER discman to land in the 21st Century...boo-ya!), Marky Mark’s “Good Vibrations” has been the top song on my playlist. Since I started running 2 years ago, it has easily cemented top spot as it appears on “Awesome Running Playlist” not once, but twice, as well as on all my other playlists (OK, he wasn’t ever on Glee, but the song was actually performed by the New Directions, so I decided to sneak it onto the Glee playlist too!).

His rhymes may make him wealthy, but his musical stylings are indeed keeping me healthy. There’s something about the beat of that song that is right in line with my gait, so sometimes I feel less like I’m running and more like I’m dancing forward (at 5MPH to be sure, but still forward-movin’). And no matter how tired I am, when Marky Mark tells you to “C’mon, c’mon! Feel it, feel it!” I can’t help but muster up the energy for one more hill or one more mile or one more sprint. I heard he has been considering putting out another album, to which I say I’ll be first in line to download it from Itunes…but until then, please enjoy both the music and the muscley man behind it....




UPDATE: My buddy just sent me this, which better sums up what I was trying to say here and even backs it up with science!  http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/25/phys-ed-does-music-make-you-exercise-harder/ 

I guess that's why I blog instead of writing for the NY Times! HAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment