Monday, September 20, 2010

Better late than never!

In Disney's Alice In Wonderland, the White Rabbit is well known for saying "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!"

That statement applied to me today when I opted NOT to do my long run on either Saturday or Sunday.  The weather was terrible, I was tired, and so on--I just didn't wanna.  That means this morning I woke up wracked with guilt over skipping it and a gut wrenching fear of not being able to complete a 10K race in 6 weeks.  I went for a run at lunchtime and did 6.5K in 43 minutes flat, and did the last kilometer 30 seconds faster than any of the first 6.   Maybe I will be able to do this 10K after all!

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm

    maybe you need a pace bicycle to lead you on and inspire. (some people like me just don't like to run cause we got wonky joints...)

    ReplyDelete