Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mulan vs Tiana ...

Sooo… we’re coming to the 11th hour, when thoughts are (should be) on the nutrient and fluid intake, the last week of training etc… Unfortunately this is the time that Princess Crys and I decided to change princesses. I mean why not, we both work second jobs, are still training and really don’t have a lot of time on our hands. It sounds like a perfect time to throw a wrench/many wrenches into our pretty smooth plan!

It all started after our run on Saturday I decided that maybe wearing a two layer robe in Florida in February (temp today is +23 degrees Celsius) might be a little too warm to run in so I should probably try to figure out another option, just in case. Off to the Disney store I went. Costumes for the official Disney Princesses ran at about $65+ for children’s sizes (no where were there adult options). Huh.. ok, let’s try the 75% off rack. Good choice Christi.. $14.99!! Oooh.. size 6/8 .. huh.. ah, ok, we’ll make it work.


When I get home I carefully cut off the miniature top of the costume and see of the skirt will work ... Ummm .. Not exactly fitting over the hips. Let's try over the head, oh thank God.. We have a winner that we know won't slip over the hips! Yay!


Next action ... bring the skirt to easily the best tailor in town to shorten into a 'running skirt', check! $10 and the bottom is sorted. Now the top .. Easy right? Just find a white synthetic strappy tank top and add the extra material for effect. Yeah, so far, not so easy. I spent my '15' minute break at work the other night driving to Zellers, Superstore, La Senza AND Sportmart.. nothing! Last night my break was spent at Winner's. This weekend, I have to find some time to get to the Nike, Reebok and Addidas outlets in Edmonton. The way I see it, I still have 1 week to find something, there has to be something.. oh and to work on the nutrient, water training thing. I hope Princess Crys is having better luck!!


7 days and counting...



No comments:

Post a Comment