Monday, September 13, 2010

A few more fails

Two more days by myself and I seem to be getting worse instead of better.  The "flexible" schedule turned into absolute slovenliness until yesterday, when someone actually came to my house to pry me off the couch and onto the Weaselhead path by the reservoir on what has been the only non-rainy day of the past week. Where am I, Vancouver?  So, I think I got my long run in yesterday, it was at least 5K, maybe a bit longer, but I was actually wearing shoes and moving forward, which was a total success in my books.

The weird thing is that this isn't my first half marathon...or my first Disney run! I did the Disneyland half marathon in September 2009, and when I started training for that one, I couldn't run for 15 seconds straight.  By race day, I could run K after K after K!  I did that training by myself, so why is this so hard now? 

 Everyone gets a medal, not just the first 5 thousand finishers!

Oh, right, because now that I've realized it's more fun to run outside with other people than inside on a treadmill, I can't go back to the hamster wheel...even if Food Network is on and it feels like I'm running towards bacon wrapped cheese poppers.  I'll be very happy when my fellow princesses get home, finding other people to haul me out on the trail is exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment