Monday, September 27, 2010

Princesses

So, why the princess run, you ask? Well, to be honest, we had tried to get into the Nike Women’s run in San Francisco this year. Instead of a medal, you get a specially made Tiffany necklace from a firefighter, so they have to do a random draw for the spots they have because it’s basically the greatest idea ever. Alas, we didn’t get in, but had decided to run a half marathon, so we needed to find something else. I hate to say Disney was runner up, but now that we’re registered, we think it’ll be just as much fun, and a heck of a lot less hills. We get to dress up like princesses for it AND run a race through Disneyworld, which should be a blast!  Seriously, what could be more fun than that? Plus, the medal looks pretty, and it is a race geared more towards women, so the race shirts should be pretty nice too. In order to decide which princess we wanted to be, we took this simple quiz here:

http://toys.about.com/library/quiz/disneyprincess/bldisneyprincessquiz.htm

Now, we realize this quiz is geared for children, especially with answers like “I have to do what my parents tell me to”, but we needed help deciding which princess and a good quiz never lies. As you can see from our profile images, we are going as Belle, Arial and Mulan, so we’re going to need costumes that show off our princessly sides, yet also wick moisture away as we run 21K through Disney World. I’m thinking since none of us can sew, it’ll be along the lines of child size tutus and glitter crowns over our running gear. We’re hoping that with Halloween not too far away, we’ll be able to find suitable accoutrements!

3 comments:

  1. The Halloween stores are open for business, but I'm afraid this year is all "Prince of Persia" for boys and "Katy Perry" for girls. No princesses. This might help though: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Sew./

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy Perry?? OOOhh isn't she that hottie on Sesame Street?? See... I've been around...

    And as far as “I have to do what my parents tell me to”... when can ya start???

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: i took the quiz.. I had some difficulty with a couple of the questions, especially the one that asked me what I would like my Prince Charming to be. However, I answered truthfully and apparently I'm a Cinderella. Who knew??

    ReplyDelete