Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Now, I'm not much for resolutions, because I find I've broken them utterly by January 10 and then feel like a failure for the rest of the year.  However, if I had resolved today to sleep in, eat greasy breakfast, nap until giant calzone lunch, then graze on pizza and anything I can find in the fridge between naps for the rest of the day, then I'd be right on track! I have to run 16K tomorrow, and I already know I'm going to regret pretty much everything I ate today by 9am tomorrow, but at least I've been drinking water and Gaterade nonstop all day so I should be nice and hydrated instead of the hungover mess I was this morning...

Another thing is that maybe I don't actually have to make any resolutions this year, because I'm halfway through one I made last year.  Yeah, I've eaten junk since mid November and I've only run 3 times in the past 10 days, but I've also been sticking to a long term running program, and I feel really good about our half marathon that's only 57 days away...we've done lots of base runs, hill training, long runs and cross training.  We've booked our days off, our car and found a place to stay. I think I have a cute outfit to wear. 

Yeah, we've had a few stumbling blocks--vacations, being sick and oh, yeah, Christmas!---but overall, I'm incredibly proud of us!  We've done distances we've never done before, run in the cold, in the snow and in the dark. I can't believe all the new things I've tried and even liked!  Christmas was really tough on our schedule, but I know we'll be back on track soon because the three of us are set up for success.  No matter how tired or crappy one of us feels, the other two are there to keep us motivated and on track and the support has been just fantastic!  And joining the Running Room was a great idea too, we're still dragging ourselves out in the cold and in the dark to do the toughest stuff.  Thanks to my fellow Princesses, 2011 is already a success!  I can't wait for our run!

If only this could be true...


No comments:

Post a Comment