Thursday, January 13, 2011

YES to the PRINCESS Dress!!!!

So, last night I get home to discover a large padded envelope had arrived.  FROM HONG KONG, IT'S MY DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  After I treat Bryan's broken eardrums incurred from my shrieks of delight, I tear open the package, breathless with anticipation! I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking...

You can't fake this kind of excitement! It had a Thank You card!
OMG- It looks even better in real life than it did online!
Hold on a sec. I'm not the 7 year old girl this was made for
Stop laughing, it'll fit.

See? I'm halfway in! Am a genius!
I'm not stuck, ummm....I'm thinking about my next move


Hold on...I forgot about two things


Cheap feel, but someone's gotta do it
Serious error in judgement. Am taller than a 7 year old
Yeah, it's on, but that's as far as it goes. You win, dress!

So, it didn't quite fit. I thought I could squeeze into it, but didn't bank on the height of the dress being my downfall...I knew it would be about kneelength instead of a ballgown, but I didn't realize it would be more of an empire waist. The whole bodice is about 6 inches long!  I'm not worried, I should easily be able to cut off the skirt and add a yellow tank top, which would be moisture wicking anyways. And being able to breath is always a great idea, especially on a 21K run.

I did give it one more try later where I just pulled it on as a tube top instead of trying to fit into the arm holes...I think it looked a lot better with the accessories and I can't wait for race day!

A princess always curtsies! Even when her ribcage is collapsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment