Monday, August 16, 2010

Day #5, 6 & 7 - A Wedding and Relaxation..


Apparently while my compatriots spent the weekend in 'training'.. I spent most of it on the couch. The effort was made to get up and exercise all the way up to last night at 7:30 when the last effort was made to do so.. Let's just say, it never happened. In my defense Friday night was spent at my girlfriend Paula's wedding where we were on our feet for almost 12hrs. This included at least five of dancing so needless to say, my legs got quite the workout. My girlfriends helped me out by explaining it was like doing two marathons on top of each other. That might just have helped their argument as the rest of the weekend was spent in a 'rest' induced coma .. apparently I needed the 12hr sleep on Saturday night! Must also be noted that in order to get through Saturday, there was some time spent at Pfanntastic Pannenkoek House. Calorie intake.. oh about 50,000.. but worth every bite!!

Got up this morning feeling energized and must have been as I rode in (with no headwind) and we beat our last time by over 4minutes!! It's amazing what a little sleep will get you!

No comments:

Post a Comment