Monday, August 16, 2010

Salad Schmalad!


So Apart from the actual running that goes along with the whole training for a half marathon thingy, there is the nutritional part as well so I’m told. I hate this part. I’ve always been able to just eat whatever I want and I have a massive vice for deep fried foods. The other night while working at OJs I challenged myself to get through the whole shift without eating any fries. I made it 20 minutes. Deep fried goodness!! I can’t help it! Anyways, so we all know that the major food group we need the most of are fruits and veggies and I certainly do not get enough of either. One of the things I can’t stand eating is salad. I HATE SALAD. Everyone knows I hate salad because I talk about it all the time and the whole time while I eat a crappy salad I complain that I hate salad! And it’s not because they taste bad or anything. It’s because of the eating experience. You can’t make a good bite portion on your fork without the stupid stems sticking out everywhere, then getting all over your face when you try and take a bite. Take smaller bites you say. Well no! Then I would be eating one piece of lettuce or veggie at a time!

The only salad I have ever loved was the Thai Chicken Salad from earls and they took it off the menu! It was full of noodles so I guess that’s why I liked it, but even then, I ended up with Thai sauce all over my face. The only other salad I love is also from earls, the Salmon Provencal Salad. It was loaded with Goat Cheese and some sort of yummy dressing. I bet the salad dressing was simply called “CALORIE MAX! Shhhh, don’t tell you’re thighs!” but was in a replica bottle to some light dressing. It was a whopping 1212 calories, 828 of them coming from fat!! No wonder it was a salad I liked!! Mmmmmm!

I made a salad today, which was alright I guess. All the things in it were delicious but I still complained the whole time. I think next time I might try taking my salad and rolling it in a wrap. I may have to resist the urge to smother it in mayonnaise that way though. While making my salad I overheard a woman at the salad bar ask her friend if there was too much sugar in Red Peppers to put on her salad. Wtf? I never want to turn into that person. I’m having a burger tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I may have the solution to all your problems.

    Let's see, you don't like fruits, veggies or salas. Try thinking outside the box. And by box I mean disposable tray.

    Fruits? Banana Split. It features bananas, strawberries and pineapple.

    Veggies? Poutine. Potatoes are veggies. That's something we all need to remember.

    Salad? Taco salad. 'nough said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of Homer Simpson and family "You can't win friends with salad. You can't win friends with salad".

    ReplyDelete